REMINDER: Contributions to the Education/Scholarship Funds within VASA Order of America, a 501(c)(8) organization, are tax
deductible under Internal Revenue Code 170(c)(4).
Monitor Lodge #218 Scholarships
Monitor Lodge #218 of the VASA Order of America usually awards one scholarship annually to a deserving student who is pursuing his/her education at the post-secondary level. Applicants must be lodge members, children of lodge members, or grandchildren of lodge members.
If you would like to be considered for upcoming year’s scholarship, you must submit the following items to the scholarship committee no later than April 1 of each year.
• Completed “Application for Scholarship” form
• Official transcript with GPA signed by your school’s registrar
• Personal statement on a separate sheet of paper
• A letter of recommendation
Please contact Monitor Lodge for the forms you will need to complete the scholarship application process or download the Monitor Scholarship Application packet. If you have any questions, please contact a member of the scholarship committee.
The committee must receive your application packet no later than April 1 of the respective year (late submittals will not be accepted). You can mail your packet to any member of the committee. You may also submit your application to one of the committee members at the lodge meeting in February or March.
In Truth and Unity,
2023-2024 Monitor Lodge Scholarship Committee Chairperson
Last update: 12/30/2023
Golden Gate District Lodge 12 Scholarships
District Lodge Golden Gate #12 provides educational support to its members through the District Scholarship program. Scholarship awards are available to Vasa members who meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be members of District Golden Gate 12 Vasa Order of America for at least two years prior to the application deadline based upon their initiation date.
- Applicants must be accepted by or enrolled in a full-time program at an institution of higher learning. This includes both university-level and post-secondary vocational programs. Funds are transmitted directly to the institution’s scholarship office for disbursement.
The District Scholarship may be awarded a maximum of two times to the same recipient.
The following materials must be submitted to support your application; all material must be postmarked by April 1, the year of the application.
- The completed application form
- A letter from your local lodge secretary confirming your initiation date and describing the activities you have participated in at your lodge.
- A one-page essay describing of your Vasa activities, community service, leadership skills, or other talents. Include awards received and other important life experiences.
- An official, most recent grade transcript (or transcripts) must be mailed directly to to the District Scholarship Chairman from your school’s records or administrative office.
If you have received a District Scholarship in the past, a brief report on your college experiences would be appreciated.
Scholarship awards will be announced at the District Convention in April. Award checks will be mailed to the institution where the student is enrolled or has been accepted for enrollment. Award Certificates will be presented at Sweden Day, and Scholarship awardees are encouraged to attend this traditional District celebration.
The application deadline is April 1. Early applications are encouraged!
For application forms and submittal information see below or contact the District at:
More information about the District’s scholarship program can be found here.
VASA Grand Lodge Scholarships
Scholarship and Essay Contest
The Grand Lodge Vasa Order of America provides scholarships to members pursuing a post high school education. The Grand Lodge scholarships may be for either college or vocational programs. The Grand Lodge Scholarship Program is announced in the Fall issue of the Vasa Star appearing in the Nordstjernan and on the Grand Lodge website announcement and application form. The 2024 deadline for submittal is January 15, 2024.
Vasa Scholarships to Swedish Language Camp
For children and grandchildren of Vasa members the Grand lodge offers scholarships to the Swedish Language Village, Sjölunden, under the auspices of Concordia College Language Villages, Moorhead Minnesota. Sjölunden uses a total immersion approach to the Swedish language and culture. These awards cover full two-week tuition cost and travel expenses to a limit set by the Grand Lodge Executive Board. For more information see the Grand Lodge website www.vasaorder.com – language camp. The 2024 deadline for submittal is February 10, 2024.
Last update: 12/30/2023